Swim with manatees at Xel-Há and have an unforgettable day!
Meet one of the gentlest and noble creatures in the Caribbean area in the Manatee Encounter at Xel-Há.
Swimming with manatees is also an educational activity that has as an objective to spread knowledge about this species and help its preservation. As an endangered species, the habitat of these marine mammals has been degraded. Xel-Há has a permanent program with the objective of rescue and to preserve them.
This swim with manatees activity takes place in their natural ambiance, besides learning several facts about them. An expert guide will talk about their reproduction cycle, how they feed, and their importance in the ecosystem. Also, you will get some advice about what can be done to contribute to their preservation.
These friendly mammals are known for their intelligence and being noble creatures. During 40 minutes, you will interact with a manatee, feed them, and watch the gracious swim of these gentle giants.
If you want to have an outstanding experience with a manatee in Mexico during your upcoming vacation, book your space in advance. As soon as you arrive at Xel-Há, ask for the activities’ desk to choose your schedule, and have a memorable interaction.
- Snorkel equipment.
- Life jacket.
- Certified instructor.
- Admission is not included.
- Schedule: 11:00 a.m. and 1:30 p.m.
- Duration: 40 min (20 min welcome and interaction on platform and 20 min snorkeling).
- Minimum age: 5 to 10 years old (children must be accompanied by an adult during the activity, both pay).
- This activity is subject to weather conditions.
- To offer you better service, remember to confirm your activity reservation upon arrival the park, where you will be able to choose your preferred schedule. It is necessary to bring two printed receipts, one to present at the park’s ticket booth, and the other to present at activity’s location.
- Activity not recommended for pregnant women or those suspected of being pregnant.
- Photos and videos have an additional cost.
How to save?
purchasing 7-20 days in advance
purchasing at least 21 days in advance.
on the purchase of packages of two parks or tours.
on the purchase of packages of three or more parks or tours.
For children ages 5 to 11. Free admission for children ages 0 to 4.Prices subject to change without notice.