Xel-Há - Cobá Tour
Discover the beauty of Xel-Há and the Maya remains at Cobá
Start your day getting into one of the best archaeological zones in Riviera Maya that still encloses many mysteries. The Xel-Há - Cobá Tour takes you to an excursion amidst the jungle to discover an ancient Maya city surrounded by lagoons and cenotes. Cobá means punched water due to the five water bodies nearby.
Along with a certified guide, you will visit several temples and buildings at this archaeological site, including Nohoch Mul, which is the main Cobá pyramid and the tallest one in the Mexican state of Quintana Roo. Have an astounding view of the surrounding vegetation from atop, at 138 ft (42 m) tall.
After a bicycle or tricycle ride by one of the ancient Maya roads that are known as sac-bé, the group will be on their way towards a beautiful all-inclusive park in Riviera Maya. Xel-Há awaits for all its guests to be in touch with nature, dip into the refreshing waters of the enormous inlet, and much more fun.
Enjoy unlimited snorkel, food, and beverages during your visit. Explore the river that flows into the inlet while snorkeling, relax floating on an inner tube, and walk through jungle trails. Remember to stop by the Scenic Lighthouse to have the best view of the park and then descend through one of its four waterslides.
When feeling hunger, visit one of its four restaurants and refresh yourself at its bars. A vacation in Cancun or Riviera Maya is only complete until you spend a day having fun along with your family at Xel-Há, besides having a great Cobá Tour.
Due to prevention protocols, this tour will be available soon.
Tuesday and Thursday.
Between 7:00 a.m. and 9:00 a.m. depending on the location of your hotel.
Under 4 years old get free admission.*
From 5 to 11 get half off the adult ticket price.*.
*Must show an ID at the Park’s ticket booth.
Round-trip transportation on a panoramic bus from Cancun and Riviera Maya.
- Access and guided tour at the Cobá archaeological site and some time to explore by your own.
- Bottle of water at the archaeological site.
- Bicycle or tricycle ride at Cobá.
- Certified bilingual guide (English and Spanish).
- Admission to Xel-Há park at 12:00 p.m.
- Unlimited snorkeling in the inlet and river floating on inner tubes.
- Scenic Lighthouse with 360° views and a fun descent into a refreshing water landing.
- World of Adventure: zip-lines, five-meter jumps, and different rope games.
- Special activities for kids at the Children’s Playground.
- Hikes through jungle paths.
- Unlimited food and drinks and domestic open bar.
- Life jackets, inner tubes and bicycles.
- Use of snorkeling equipment with a free snorkel.
- Rest areas with lounge chairs and hammocks.
- Dressing rooms, bathrooms, lockers, showers and a towel.
- Other services (WiFi, ATMs and shops).
- You must bring printed proof of your tour purchase.
- Confirm the time and location of your pickup.
- Wear comfortable beachwear and swimsuit; bring an extra change of clothes for Xel-Há.
- Wear fresh clothes, comfortable shoes for walking, hat, and sunglasses for Cobá.
- Sunscreen and insect repellent must only have titanium dioxide and zinc oxide.
- Bring cash or a credit card to buy souvenirs, an Optional Activity, the photos of your experience, and for personal expenses.
- Duration: approximately 12 hours.
- There is an additional tax fee for the use of video cameras inside the archaeological site, not included in the tour price.
- Children over 4.5 ft but under 12 years of age, must present an ID to verify their age when boarding transportation.
- Reservations cancelled more than 2 days prior to your booking date are subject to a 10% charge for administrative fees; those cancelled between 0 and 2 days prior to your booking date, or in the case of no-shows or not using your coupon, are nonrefundable. Any change of the booking date is subject to an adjustment in the price.
- It is not possible to make date changes the same day of your visit.
Coba - Xel-Há Tour
How to save?
purchasing 7-20 days in advance
purchasing at least 21 days in advance.
on the purchase of packages of two parks or tours.
on the purchase of packages of three or more parks or tours.
For children ages 5 to 11. Free admission for children ages 0 to 4.Prices subject to change without notice.